- Deadline to accept nomination: Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 5:00pm (PST)
- Candidate statements (optional) due: Thursday, April 18, 2019, 5:00pm (PST)
- Voting (if there are contested positions): Wednesday, May 1st, 2019, and Thursday, May 2nd, 2019, 10am-6pm (PST)
- Run-off election (if necessary): Thursday, May 16th, 2019, 10am-6pm (PST)
- For Executive Board: All UAW Local 2865 members in continuous good standing for one (1) year prior to accepting nominations are automatically nominated for these positions; for the Northern Vice President position, the nominee must additionally be a member from Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Merced, or Davis; for the Southern Vice President position, the nominee must additionally be a member from San Diego, Irvine, Los Angeles, Riverside, or Santa Barbara.
- For Head Steward, Unit Chair, and Campus Recording Secretary: All UAW Local 2865 members in continuous good standing for ninety (90) days prior to accepting nominations are automatically nominated for these positions.
- Concurrently held positions: Members may not hold more than one position on the Executive Board or Joint Council at a time.
Each member who wishes to accept nomination must indicate this intention in writing. Please only accept the nomination if you intend to run for the position, as nomination acceptances cannot be withdrawn once the nominating period has closed. Accept your nomination by email, fax, mail, or hand delivery. Email your acceptance of the nomination to email@example.com, or fax to (510) 549-2514.
You may also send your acceptance to:
Elections Committee, UAW Local 2865
2030 Addison St, Suite 640A
Berkeley, CA 94704
WHEN ACCEPTING NOMINATION, PLEASE INCLUDE
- Position to which you are accepting the nomination
- Your name as you’d like it to appear on the ballot
- Contact information: department, phone number, and non-UC email address
- Candidate statement (up to 500 words, optional) – In the case of a contested election, the statement will be posted on the Local’s website and at applicable campus offices no later than Friday, April 19th, and will be available at polling sites during the election.
Statewide Executive Board
Northern Vice President
Southern Vice President
16 Head Stewards
9 Head Stewards
7 Head Steward
12 Head Stewards
1 Head Steward
3 Head Stewards
11 Head Stewards
6 Head Steward
5 Head Stewards
The term for these offices is from the time the election is certified until the Local’s next Biennial election, which is scheduled for May 2021.
Times are the same for both Wednesday and Thursday—10:00am to 6:00pm.
Wednesday, May 1: Sather Gate
Thursday, May 2: Evans Hall
Wednesday, May 1: Memorial Union (quad)
Thursday, May 2: Silo
Wednesday, May 1: Ring Road, outside SST
Thursday, May 2: Ring Road, outside FRH
Wednesday, May 1: Young Research Library
Thursday, May 2: Court of Sciences
Wednesday, May 1: Lantern
Thursday, May 2: Lantern
Wednesday, May 1: Bell Tower
Thursday, May 2: Bytes Eatery
Wednesday, May 1: Triton Statue
Thursday, May 2: AP&M
Wednesday, May 1: The Arbor
Thursday, May 2: The Courtyard Cafe
Wednesday, May 1: Grad Student Commons
Thursday, May 2: PBS Perks Cafe