You can download and read the full report of the Election Committee here. Congratulations to the new Southern Vice President, Erin Conley and to the new UCLA head stewards: Alexandra, Renee, Alexei and Mathew. Also many thanks to all the members of the Election Committee and the many member volunteers who helped to make the election happen.
February 2012 Vacancy Election Information
UAW Local 2865
San Diego, Irvine, Los Angeles, Berkeley and Davis Head Stewards & Statewide Executive Board
Upon close of nominations (1/30/12 at 5pm), the Election Committee of our local has determined that the following positions are contested and voting for these positions will occur on Tuesday, February 14 and Wednesday, February 15. Campus specific information on voting times and locations can be found here: 2012 Vacancy Election Dates, Times, Locations
Executive Board candidates:
Recording Secretary: Matt Wade
Head Steward: Lisa Pilar Eberle
Head Steward: Ethan Lavine
Head Steward: Zachary Manfredi
Head Steward: Shannon Ikebe
* Candidate statements (optional) due: Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5pm (PST)
* Voting (if there are contested positions): Tuesday & Wednesday, February 14 & 15, 2012 — 2012 Vacancy Election Dates, Times, Locations
* Run-off election (if necessary): Tuesday & Wednesday, February 21 & 22, 2012 — times and locations same as regular voting
San Diego Head Stewards: 2 Head Stewards
Irvine Head Stewards: 1 Head Steward
Los Angeles Head Stewards: 1 Unit Chair, 4 Head Stewards
Berkeley Head Stewards: 1 Recording Secretary, 4 Head Stewards
Davis Head Stewards:, 1 Unit Chair, 1 Head Steward
Statewide Executive Board: 1 Southern Vice President
* For Head Stewards: All UAW Local 2865 members in continuous good standing for ninety (90) days prior to accepting nominations are automatically nominated for these positions on their home campus.
* For Statewide Executive Board: All UAW Local 2865 members in continuous good standing for one (1) year prior to accepting nominations are automatically nominated for these positions.
* Members may accept nomination for no more than one Executive Board and one Head Steward position.
* Each member who wishes to accept nomination must indicate this intention in writing by mailing, delivering, faxing, or emailing an acceptance of nomination for the specified position(s) to: Elections Committee, UAW Local 2865, 2070 Allston Way, Suite 205, Berkeley, CA 94704, Fax (510) 549-2514, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email is preferred; but all forms of acceptance qualify.) NOTE: PLEASE USE THIS EXACT EMAIL ADDRESS AND NO OTHER UAW 2865 EMAIL ADDRESS TO ACCEPT NOMINATION.
* Written acceptance and candidate statements must be received at the statewide office no later than Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5pm (PST).
When accepting nomination, please include:
1. Which position(s) you are accepting nomination for
2. Your name as you’d like it to appear on the ballot in the case of a contested election
3. Contact information: phone and non-UC email address
4. Candidate statement (up to 500 words, optional) – In the case of a contested election, the statement will be posted on the Local’s website and at applicable campus offices no later than Tuesday, February 7, 2012, and will be available at polling sites during the election.