Locals across UC campuses will hold vacancy elections on February 24, 2016.
The Statewide Executive Board will be holding elections to fill the following positions:
• Sergeant at Arms
Individual campuses will hold elections for the Joint Council Position:
• Head Steward
• 1 Head Stewards at Berkeley
• 3 Head Stewards at Davis
• 3 Head Stewards at Irvine
• 4 Head Stewards at Los Angeles
• 4 Head Stewards at San Diego
• 1 Head Steward at Santa Barbara
• 2 Head Stewards at Santa Cruz
Information regarding nomination is as follows:
WHEN ACCEPTING NOMINATION INCLUDE:
1. Position to which you are accepting nomination
2. Your name as you’d like it to appear on the ballot
3. Contact information: Department, phone number, and non-UC email address
4. Candidate statement (up to 500 words, optional) – In the case of a contested election, the statement and sample ballot will be posted on the Local’s website [http://www.uaw2865.org/
Deadline to accept nomination: Friday, February 5, 2016 at 5pm (PST)
Candidate statements (optional) due: Friday, February 5, 2016 at 5pm (PST)
Candidate statements available online: Monday, February 8, 2016
Voting (if there are contested positions): Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Run-off election (if necessary): Wednesday, March 2, 2016
For Executive Board: All UAW Local 2865 members in continuous good standing for one (1) year prior to accepting nominations are automatically nominated for these positions.
For Joint Council: All UAW Local 2865 Berkeley members in continuous good standing for ninety (90) days prior to accepting nominations are automatically nominated for these positions.
Concurrently held positions: Bylaws changes voted into effect at the recent Joint Council meeting prohibit members from concurrently holding campus leadership positions (Unit Chair or Recording Secretary) and Executive Board positions.
Each member who wishes to accept nomination must indicate this intention in writing.Please only accept nomination if you intend to run for the position, as nomination acceptances cannot be withdrawn once the nominating period has closed.The easiest way to accept nomination is go to [http://goo.gl/forms/